Friday, September 14, 2012

MY FAMILY CULTURE


MY FAMILY CULTURE

 
If a major catastrophic event would devastate my country, these are the three things that I will choose to take to another country with me. First I would take my photos/scrape book of my culture, which would be of pictures of family members and special events of the life that I lived before the catastrophic event happen.  Second I will take with me are books, that I will always read to the children to remind them and myself of our culture that we are leaving behind. And third, that I will take with me would be all the cash that I have because I could exchange it to the currency of that country.

I will show my photos/scrape book of my family and of our culture, and explain to them that this was how my country lived, “land of the free and prosperity”. That you could do great things and be very successful in my country before it was devastated. By reading these books of our lifestyle will help to always remember the language and the culture of my country, and the money is to buy the things that my family will need to start our life over in this country.

If I could keep only one item that I brought to this country, it would be devastating to have to choose just one, because two of them are deeply rooted in my family’s culture. But the one that I will keep will be the photos/scrape book, because a picture says a thousand words.

There are no insights that I gained with this exercise, but that everyone should realized that our culture is deeply rooted in each and every one of us. If our identity is taken away from us than we would lose our sense of identity, and it will be hard enough to understand their way of life against our own way of life that we have left behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment