Saturday, August 18, 2012


WHEN I THINK OF RESEARCH

Throughout the pass, several weeks there have been many new insights that I have gain about doing research. But there is one insight that I really want to explore more is that all researchers should explain the type of risk or the benefits of the research if there are any. The risks in educational research are often minimal, but sometimes confidentiality is a major risk in doing research. Some research are not ethical and there need to be documents in place to ensure that everyone confidentiality will be protected, even when the documents have been submitted. 

One way of doing research that has change for me is that, by doing research it will help answer questions about what the research is about, and that the questions would be unanswered if not for doing research.

The new understanding that I have gain by doing research is that it is worthwhile to do research, and that research is a tool that requires the knowledge, and the skills to be an effective researcher. The challenges that I face was the understanding of some of the terms.

My perceptions have not change as to doing research as an early childhood profession because I do research on the job every day. By taking this course it has help to enlighten me as I go out into the homes of families in my community.

 I would like to take this opportunity to thank each and every one of my colleague for their insights, thoughts, and inspiration throughout this course. Best wishes to each of you through your journey to your Master’s degree.


No comments:

Post a Comment