Friday, April 26, 2013

REFLECTING ON LEARNING


My most passionate hope for the future as an early childhood professional is to take my learning into the homes and the school. As an early childhood professional I am very passionate about helping young children and their families grow and learn. As an early childhood professional I am responsible for preparing children from birth to the 5 years with learning that they can use the rest of their lives. If you don’t have a passion for working with children and helping children get a good start in life, than you are in the wrong profession. I have worked this position with children and their families for the last 4 years. I have learned so much just by listening to them talk about their idea and hope for their children. I would not change that, because I get to go into the schools and the childcare facilities with advice on these children and their families. And that’s very passionate for me to help bridge that gap between home and school. Unfortunately, early childhood educators do not earn much money, so it is important to be naturally motivated to work with children and their families.  It is amazing to work with children and to help them develop a love of learning.

 

I want to thank all of my colleagues for helping me through this journey with Walden University. I wish you all the best in your future as an early childhood professional. I would like to keep in touch with my colleagues, I have learned so much from each one of you. Good Luck!! And Best Wishes. This is my personal email address wilsongloria40@yahoo.com,

2 comments:

  1. Hi Gloria,
    Great Post! I agree, if you do noot have the patients for children and their families you are in the wrong profession. You have to have love for the children. Children need to know that you are there and that they can trust you at all times. I would like to say Good Luck to you as well and thanks a lot for the comments throughout this course.
    You may contact me via email shortlakeshia@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gloria, I enjoyed reading your post. It is really sad that the Mississippi State Department of Education has not advocated for the need for early childhood programs like Head Start and if they have they haven’t done enough because there has not been a change. Isn’t that what we are learning this week. It seems to me that they would want to help their teachers and children in that area by providing assistance as early as possible. As educators we know that the earlier we practice something we become experts in that area. We need to give our child the opportunity to become experts in exploring and learning new materials.

    ReplyDelete