Sunday, November 4, 2012

COMMUNICATION



Someone who I would want to model my communication skills after would be my sister. I had the privilege to set in on a meeting that she had in her office when I visited her in California several years ago. She regulated her interactions with her colleagues, she had control of all social situations, and she lead to how the topics proceed and changed.  She kept control of the meeting from the beginning to the end. And all of her colleagues respected her as she respected them. This is why I would want to model some of my communication skills after her. I think that most people may think that communication is simply talk.  Because it is a natural event, but communication is the degree to which individuals perceive they have satisfied their goals in a given social situation. Because communication is a process by which information is exchanged between individuals through a common system of symbols, signs, or behavior.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful thing to look up to your sister as your role model for communication. It is indeed a skill to be able to control of a meeting from start to end. One must be able to speak as well as listen. I teach a weekly youth group and it is sometimes challenging being able to express my thoughts and at the same time read the kids’ facial expressions. Keeping them engaged while I am so focused on a particular subject is a talent that I am yet to master.

    ReplyDelete